The global narcolepsy therapeutics market is currently in a state of rapid development and dynamic growth, which presents numerous opportunities for life science businesses. In order to enhance the quality of life for those who have narcolepsy, businesses that are already working on narcolepsy therapies are attempting to market cutting-edge treatment options.
The global narcolepsy therapeutics market is projected to reach $4,912.3 million by 2032 from $915.2 million in 2021 at a CAGR of 15.93% during the forecast period 2022-2032. This The market is driven by certain factors, such as low satisfaction with available therapies, robust pipeline products, rising uptake of narcolepsy awareness programs, and improving diagnosis.
Recent Developments in the Global Narcolepsy Therapeutics Market
• On March 28, 2022, Jazz Pharmaceuticals PLC divested Sunosi. Axsome Therapeutics, Inc. intends to expand its presence in neuroscience by acquiring Sunosi (solriamfetol) from Jazz Pharmaceuticals PLC.
• On August 31, 2021, Health Canada approved Jazz Pharmaceutical's Sunosi (solriamfetol) for excessive daytime sleepiness associated with narcolepsy.
• On August 10, 2021, Harmony Biosciences LLC's successful track record of Wakix motivated Blackstone to enter a strategic financing collaboration, where the company agreed to invest up to $330.0 million of financing and growth capital in Harmony Biosciences LLC.
• On September 16, 2021, Axsome Therapeutics, Inc. announced the enrollment of the first patient in the new phase 3 clinical trial SYMPHONY (a study evaluating a mechanistic approach to treating narcolepsy) of AXS-12 in narcoleptic patients.
Segmentation 1: by indication
• Type 1 narcolepsy
• Type 2 narcolepsy
• Secondary narcolepsy
Due to recent research and development in type 1 narcolepsy, significant therapies with novel mechanisms of action, reduced dosage, and better efficacy are emerging. Therefore, the segment is dominated by type 1 narcolepsy, which held a share of 69.60% in 2021.
Segmentation 2: by product
• commercialized products
• pipeline products
In 2021, the global narcolepsy therapeutics market (by product) is dominated by commercialized products with 100% market share.
Segmentation 3: by Therapeutic Type
• Central Nervous System Stimulant
• Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitor
• Histamine-3 (H3) Receptor Antagonist/Inverse Agonist
The global narcolepsy therapeutics market (by therapeutics) is currently dominated by central nervous system stimulants, with a value of $535.3 million, as of 2021.
Segmentation 4: by Country
In 2021, the US accounted for a share of 93.48% of the global narcolepsy therapeutics market. The segment is expected to reach $4,327.7 million in 2032 from $855.5 million in 2021 at a CAGR of 15.24% during the forecast period 2022-2032.
Global Narcolepsy Therapeutics Market Dynamics
Key Market Players and Competition Synopsis
The companies that are profiled have been selected based on inputs gathered from primary experts and analyzing company coverage, product portfolio, and market penetration.
Some of the prominent names established in this market are:
Jazz Pharmaceuticals PLC
Harmony Bioscience, LLC
Axsome Therapeutics, Inc.
Avadel Pharmaceuticals PLC
Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd
Sumitomo Pharma Co Ltd
Suven Life Sciences Limited
NLS Pharmaceutics AG
Key Questions Answered in the Report
- What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global narcolepsy therapeutics market?
- What are the key development strategies being implemented by the major players to sustain in the competitive market?
- Which is the dominant therapeutic type developed by the leading and emerging players for narcolepsy?
- What are the key class of drugs that have been considered by leading players in the global narcolepsy therapeutics market?
- What are the most promising emerging and investigational therapies in narcolepsy?
- Which companies are anticipated to be highly disruptive in the future, and why?
- What are the reimbursement scenario and the regulations for narcolepsy in seven major markets?
- What are your treatment guidelines for narcolepsy in seven major markets?
The report covers pipeline and branded therapies with active patents indicated for the treatment of narcolepsy in the market. The report scope exclusively covers companies that are actively developing narcolepsy monotherapies in seven major markets, including the US, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan